Thursday, November 3, 2011

Your Driving Me Nuts

Oh boy 3 1/2 can be a trying age.  It can be hilarious, but also difficult.

Here a few things I want to remember that have happened with Cole, and don't want to forget.

Cole started school in September, and they wore name tags the first day, and then had their picture taken with their name tags on.  On the second day of school, the teacher brought  Cole out to the car (wonderful preschool perk), and this is how our conversation went.

Me, "How did he do today?"

Teacher, "Well...at first I kept thinking, why doesn't this boy listen?"

Me, "hmm"  really I am thinking, oh great I have THAT child at school.

Teacher, "Then we had craft time, and all of the kids went and got their picture (the one with their name tags on), and I looked at it and realized I had been calling him the wrong name the whole time.  Once I started calling him Cole, he listened really well."

We got a good laugh out of it, and headed home.   On the way home, Cole and I had a conversation...

Me, "Did you have a good day at school?"

Cole, "yeah."

Me, "Did the teacher call you Patrick?"

Cole, "yeah."

Me, "If someone calls you the wrong name say, my name is Cole."

Cole,"  No your not Cole, your Mama."

Me, "I know, but if the teacher is calling you the wrong name tell them your name."

Cole silent.

Me, "Tell them, my name is Cole."

Cole, "Your not Cole, your mama, I'm Cole."


Oh boy.  At least he knows who we are.


*When Cole an Julia are playing, and it gets unusually quiet, I will ask Cole, "What are you doing?"  Cole responds so quickly with "nothing, nothing."  Yeah right.



*Cole what do you want to be when you grow up?


A Dog.


*After I work a few nights in a row, and then am home Cole with ask, "Mama will you snuggle me?" 

It melts me.


*After a particularily hard day, we all walked to the mailbox, and I was rushing Cole along because it was starting to rain.  I was telling him to hurry up, after he insisted on getting the mail out of the mailbox, he looked at me and said, "You are driving me nuts mom."


Then I just have to stop and laugh.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh! Cole and Alex are so much alike! Crazy boys!

    ReplyDelete

Come on I know you want to leave a comment. I would love to hear it :) Check back here for a response.